moo toy studio setup

Inspired by shaun, I've decided to follow up his post on my humble studio setup exposè. There's really nothing fancy about mine, really, just the basic lights Top, Left and Right lamps with tracing paper over it to diffuse the lights. Sometimes, I will also use Photoshop CS level to adjust the appropriate lighting.


Equipment wise, there's a tripod to hold my cameras and that's about all i guess. For cameras, my favourite will be my trusty and handy "Point & Shoot" Canon IXUS-850IS and Canon DSLR 450D. Both camera is my favorite so far cos they gave me space to experiment and create different mood for the photos. 

For my (大奶) Canon IXUS, she's very reliable, faithful and has excellent setting and video mode which i often use it for my daily snapshots & youtube. The macro is excellent for zooming in the fine details of the smaller figures. However, due to recent XMM likings to photography, i decided to pass it to him :P It has served me well for "decades" so i felt it's time to pass on this "light-saber" from father to son for "educational purposes" with supervision of course hahaha...
This 4 months old (二奶) Canon D450 is my "film" mood cam, it is not so crispy and harsh like IXUS pixs but tend to have more grains and film look to it. I like to use it for my realistic figures. Her accessories are very steep so i stick to my standard kit. More pixs will follow when i bring her out for a walk when i am free hahaha....


Lastly, YES...last week i bought a new 3rd "lover" (三奶) Ricoh GX200 at John 3:16. She is actually a heavily SLR featured hidden in a slim body, upon gripping it...i was immediately succumb to the dark side. So retro and yet so chio....how to resist?!? She's poisonous (thx har mikey)...will try to post more pixs taken by her soon after exploring her body :P 


With so many lovers (奶) on hand, i think i will be very busy these few days. HAHaaaha
That's all for my studio setup, hope you guys find it useful 

4 comments:

Shaun said...

very cool setup Ken, thanks for sharing. Damn solid equipment. :)

deSMOnd said...

Bro, agree with Shaun..you have lots of powerful equipment..I envy both of you guys have a study desk for your own interest..When is my term?? Haiz..Anyway, many thanks for sharing your toy studio setup..

deSMOnd said...

Sorry bro! i mean when is my turn not term? spelling error!! Paiseh!!

kenmoo said...

hi all bro, thanks for the kind comment :)